While selling your product online, one can argue that a good product description can make or break your sale record. A good photo of your product isn’t enough! It should always be supported by an accurate and detailed description of the product.
That’s because most people use these descriptions in making up their minds regarding the Product. A good product description is crucial, and not everyone can write it as impactful. The following article will inform you on how to write compelling product descriptions that effectively sell e-books and other digital products on Amazon.
- 1 Why Should You Write a Product Description?
- 2 What Are the Key Essential Ingredients for a Good Product Description?
- 3 Things to Keep in Mind
- 4 SEO Ranking
- 5 How to Get Relevant Keywords?
- 6 Testimonials
- 7 Conclusion
Why Should You Write a Product Description?
The first question that pops into our head is why we need to write an adequate product description. The answer is simple: It provides insight about the products to potential customers. It also plays a pivotal role in Amazon’s ranking, especially if you are not working with an Amazon agency, because they make everything easier for you.
The way to do that is to write compelling descriptions that appeal to the readers, which is not easy.
What Are the Key Essential Ingredients for a Good Product Description?
Product description generally includes an essential description of the product, such as weight, color, height, warranty, and different specs. But other vital ingredients are also necessary.
Use words that your readers can relate to. The shorter your descriptions are, the easier it will be for potential buyers to remember what you have to offer them. Using too much language can also turn off readers.
To write Amazon Product Descriptions to boost your sale, break down each quality into headings and a handful of paragraphs. Each paragraph should offer a clear thesis statement or a selling proposition.
Begin each section with what you hope the reader to find in the next. This doesn’t mean that you have to dole out every single aspect of your Product in a single paragraph. That would be overwhelming and boring.
• Call to Action Statements
Each paragraph should contain at least two key selling points. Use these to convince them to buy NOW – not later.
Use “call to action” statements. These statements encourage readers to act now. It doesn’t matter if you’re writing a sales letter or a description of your Product
The most imperative thing is to get your point across in such a way that the reader feels compelled to take action. Lastly, your objective should be to make them want to click through to your website and place an order.
• Optimized Product description
It would help you optimize your product description; otherwise, Amazon will flag your content as not adequate, affecting your ranking.
Your product description should meet Amazon’s standards so that it would rank higher in the listing.
The keywords should also be in your product title as well as your description.
Use bullet points for a direct effect and maximize your keyword insertion.
• Incorporate Images
Amazon has strict rules regarding images, and you have to abide by them.
- The images should be high resolution.
- It should preferably be shot on a white background
- Provide as many images as you can, including zoom of the product being used.
If you miss out on those rules, it may get flagged as low-quality, ultimately affecting your search rankings in the list.
• Search your competitor
Look and study your competitors and see what they are doing and try to learn from it.
Don’t copy your competitors’ style as it would give a wrong impression.
See the price if they are offering any sale or lowering their prices and try to counter it. Even if you cannot do it, write a good product description.
• Look at the inventory template
Amazon provides an inventory template on the seller’s page for each product.
You need to look at the category your product belongs to and download the temple. If this all is still overwhelming for you, read our blog on Amazon product description template to better understand this.
Things to Keep in Mind
There are a few factors you should look into when writing about your product description. To make it more tempting for your readers.
- Use storytelling technique: Statistical data about your Product is critical, but cold hard facts won’t appeal to the general audience. Try the art of storytelling and weave your stats into that.
- Know your audience: Another most important fact to work on is your audience preference. Know your audience well and what they want from your amazon company and why you think your product will benefit them.
- Don’t use auto-generators: There is a lot of technical help you can get from the internet. Websites are claiming to write unique product descriptions for you, but it won’t take long when your audience starts to recognize the repetitive pattern.
- Don’t write wordy stuff: Don’t write long sentences full of hard-to-read words. Use accurate data and short general terms to sell your product.
- Sell the advantages of your product: It is essential to highlight the benefits of your product how your product can positively affect them. This is what sells your product, how you and your product can help them.
- Don’t cut-copy-paste: You should read your competitors’ product description to get a general idea. But never under any circumstance, you should plagiarize your content. No matter how tempting it is!
In the world of internet ranking, to land on the first page on Google, SEO is used.
Many sellers on Amazon think SEO practices aren’t essential for Amazon. However, this is not true. SEO also plays a key role when ranking your listing on Amazon. It would be best if you never overdo it, or else it will impact negatively.
The keywords should include your company’s name, product name, and other closely related terms. It is not always guaranteed that shoppers will use those same terms in their search. Nonetheless, creating a list of keywords for your product description will provide you with an edge in the long run.
How to Get Relevant Keywords?
There are many free keyword research sites that you can use to make a list of relevant keywords.
The free software won’t provide you with their complete services, just enough to get by.
Another powerful way to write Amazon Product Descriptions is to use testimonials. However, don’t just offer one product line; let your testimonials speak to several lines of products.
At the end of the day, marketing should be honest, and thus your product description too. You can spice things up, and get a few initial sales, but the testimonials will never turn out to be great. You would be doing a major offense, and ruin the reputation of your brand.