Yesterday I passed the Platform-App-Builder (WI21) exam. It was a great exam as it earned me the Salesforce Certified Platform-App-Builder certification. It was a wonderful experience to earn the first certification of my life. I am sharing my experience in the following paragraphs for those who are looking for these credentials.
Let me begin with my introduction. I am an IT professional with Application Development being my forte. I did my Bachelors in Computer Sciences last year. I was unable to get enrolled for the Masters due to the covid outbreak. I am doing freelancing at Upwork for the last 3 years. I started it while I was studying as it is a great source of additional income besides the actual motive of getting hands-on experience. I have done a lot of projects with HTML, PHP, Java, and Python. If you’re interested in freelancing, there are a lot of tips on freelancing for beginners to get you started.
I always wanted to develop a specialized niche where I can develop premium skills. I believe you need specialization to excel in a professional career. I want to establish myself professionally during my Masters so that I can enter into a full-time professional career without any confusion once I’m done with my studies. A friend of mine introduced me to the Salesforce platform. He is working in a hypermarket where they are using Salesforce. He’s on the marketing side but he told me that one of his colleagues is an App Builder in the Salesforce platform. Upon my request, he arranged a meeting with the guy. I was already overwhelmed by the per-hour rates of Salesforce professionals at Upwork.
We had a very good meeting. Considering my present skills and experience he suggested me to go for the Salesforce Certified Platform-App-Builder certification. He said that it will be a good certification and skillset, to begin with, the Salesforce platform. As I never took a certification exam so I was quite confused about that. He gave me some pro tips regarding certifications. He said that it’s not very difficult to earn a certification if you prepare for it with a plan.
For training resources, he recommended me testsfile.com. I got back home and started executing according to the plan he suggested to me. I downloaded the exam guide from the Salesforce Trailhead website. Then I checked the TestsFile. I downloaded the free demo to evaluate myself. Once satisfied, I took the PDF and Testing Engine bundle from TestsFile as per advice. I was amazed to know that TestsFile offers a money-back guarantee for all the training material they provide. Then I started the exam preparation.
During the course, I found braindumps from TestsFile to be very helpful. Platform-App-Builder Practice Tests made it very easy to continuously assess the preparation level. Within two months I completed the course. After that, I took the exam and I was able to pass it on the first attempt.
I would like to thank TestsFile and the guy who gave me very good tips which earned me my first-ever certification.
Salesforce Certified Platform-App-Builder Credential
The Salesforce Certified Platform-App-Builder credential is designed for individuals who would like to demonstrate their skills and knowledge in designing, building, and deploying custom applications using the declarative customization capabilities of the Lightning Platform. The candidate can create, manage, and update data models, application security, business logic, and process automation.
The concepts you should understand to pass the exam:
- Design the data model, user interface, business logic, and security for custom applications
- Customize applications for mobile use
- Design reports and dashboards
- Deploy custom applications
Audience Description: Salesforce Certified Platform-App-Builder
The Salesforce Certified Platform-App-Builder credential is intended for an individual who has experience developing custom applications on the Lightning Platform, including practical application of the skills and concepts noted in the exam objectives below.
The Salesforce Certified Platform-App-Builder generally has six months to one year of experience building applications on the Lightning Platform and/or on a similar technology platform.
The Salesforce Certified Platform-App-Builder candidate has the experience, skills, and knowledge outlined below:
- Familiarity with the capabilities of the Lightning Platform.
- Awareness of Salesforce license types and related considerations.
- Ability to design applications to support business processes and reporting requirements.
- Familiarity with the social and mobile capabilities of the platform; accustomed to using and optimizing business applications on a mobile device.
- Familiarity with the Salesforce development environments and the options available to deploy applications and manage changes on the Lightning Platform.
- Study of the resources listed in this Exam Guide and the additional required study materials provided by Salesforce.
About The Exam
The Salesforce Certified Platform-App-Builder exam has the following characteristics:
- Content: 60 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions
- Time allotted: 105
- Passing Score: 63%
- Registration fee: USD 200, plus applicable taxes as required per local law
- Retake fee: USD 100, plus applicable taxes as required per local law
- Delivery options: Proctored exam delivered onsite at a testing center or in an online proctored environment.
- References: No hard-copy or online materials may be referenced during the exam.
- Prerequisites: None required; course attendance highly recommended.
The Salesforce Platform-App-Builder exam measures a candidate’s knowledge and skills related to the following objectives. A candidate should have hands-on experience developing custom applications on the Lightning Platform and have demonstrated the application of each of the features/functions below.
- Salesforce Fundamentals: 8%
- Data Modeling and Management: 20%
- Security: 10%
- Business Logic and Process Automation: 27%
- Social: 3%
- User Interface: 14%
- Reporting: 5%
- Mobile: 5%
- App Development: 8%
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is the backbone of modern business. Presently CRM is the largest segment in the software market. Salesforce is the undisputed world leader in CRM. Worldwide demand for Salesforce professionals is very high. People with Salesforce credentials are likely to get preference in the job market over those without it. The Salesforce Certified Platform-App-Builder is a career-oriented certification for the who want to pursue a career in the Salesforce App building platform. It’s a single exam certification with a significant professional value.