Nowadays, it has become a trend to use oil-free beauty products. People don’t like to have an oily face. They use a face cleanser or mask or makeup remover, which ultimately erases the oil from their face.
But oil helps our skin to moisturize naturally. It slows down our skin’s aging process, tones our face, and brightens up our complexion. That’s why if you want your face to look beautiful naturally without much makeup and plan to have toned skin for much older age, then you should use oil to clean your face. Face cleansing oil is an oil-based cleanser to remove makeup or dirt from our skin.
How does oil work as a face cleanser?
Any cleansing product, be it oil-based or oil-free, is created so with some ingredients that break the bonds between the chemical compound of makeup and our skin and dissolve the dirt. When we rub it off with a cotton pad, the oil lifts all the unwanted chemicals and dirt from our skin and leaves a smooth oily texture. Although it is not recommended to use an oil cleanser if you got oily skin, an oil cleanser removes the oil from your face too.
Someone may question if oil-based clearer can cause acne scars or extra oil on our skin. For those people, who have acne and oily faces, generally fear to apply any oil-based product on their skin.
If the face cleansing oil leaves harmful compounds like wax, diluted oil, or silicon, it may be dangerous to our skin and may cause rashes. So, you need to buy a product after reading the details of the ingredients and know your skin type. This comes from experience.
What oil should you use?
Oils are derived from seeds of different plants. These are natural ingredients and do not contain any harmful chemical elements. For taking care of varying skin problem and targeting people with diverse skin tone, manufacturers make the face cleansing oil mixing different oils derived from a variety of seeds like sesame, sunflower, olive, almond, safflower, grape seed, jasmine, or green tea extracts in addition to vitamin E and C.
- Jojoba oil is suitable for all types of skin and the best for acne-prone skin.
- Grape seed and almond oil can be used for all types of skin tone, but it’s especially recommended for oily skin.
- Avocado oil is suitable for all skin and good for dry skin.
- Argan, apricot, and tamanu are right for every skin type. They are used to smoother dry skin and remove wrinkles in aging skin. But apricot is very expensive.
- Castor oil is good for dissolving the sure or any unwanted compound from the face and removes it by lifting the mixture.
In what ratio should you mix the oil?
There are no details of the ratio available set in stone to prepare a face cleansing oil. It has come from the experience of people. Here I have given ratio measurements. But you first try the quantities and see how it affects your skin. If you feel better, then increase the ratio. If it becomes worse, then try out different measures. Before that, know your skin type. It is oily or dry or acne-prone.
- Oily skin– Use 1/4th of extra virgin olive oil, 2/4th of castor oil in 1/4th of carrier oil. The addition of jojoba or grapeseed oil will be of additional benefit.
- Normal skin– Use an equal quantity of extra virgin olive oil and castor oil.
- Dry skin– For dry skin, use 2/4th of extra virgin olive oil and 1/4th of castor oil with the carrier oil. Also, the addition of avocado oil will be perfect for dry skin.
How to apply the oil cleansing?
- Prepare the oil. Mix the oil and an additional vitamin capsule (if required) to prepare the oil. Mix everything in the proper ratio, pour it into a container, and keep it safe.
- Rub on the face. Pour the oil in the palm, rub your hand loosely, and smoothly massage your face. Do not scrub roughly. Just rub the oil in your face.
- Rinse your face. Rinse a piece of cloth in warm water and put it on your face. It will loosen up the dead skin cells and dirt.
- Washup the oil. Now rinse the cloth again and wipe off the oil from your face. Take another cotton pad and repeat the process with a dry piece.
An oil-based cleanser is good for all types of skin. If you have oily skin, then this type of cleanser dissolves the unwanted oil mixed with impurity and cleanses it. For dry skin, nothing is better than using the oil cleansing method. Those products that promise us to give you an oil-free look are not recommended to use as they remove our natural moisture from our face. Also, the skin will produce more oil if it’s oil-free. So, it’s better and safe to use face cleansing oil to clean and brighten your face.